Who is eligible to apply for a seasonal work visa and residence permit?
The request of the Seasonal Employment visa is strictly subject to the exitance of a certain number of quotas to enter in Italy, which are yearly issued by the Italian Government trough the Flows Decree. It is specifically conceived for non-EU nationals who have a work opportunity in Italy in specific sectors such as agriculture and tourism.
Main requirements to apply for a seasonal work visa and residence permit
• The existence of a quota to apply for the seasonal work visa;
• The foreign national should have an employment offer from an employer based in Italy (either Italian or regularly residing in Italy);
• The job offer should be in the specific sector indicated by the Flows Decree;
• The job offer cannot exceed 9 months;
• Availability of suitable accommodation in Italy for the worker.
Main Procedural Steps
1. Applying for and collecting the ‘Nulla Osta’ ((Security Clearance issued by the competent Immigration Desk);
2. Filing the visa application at the Italian Consulate of the applicant’s place of residency;
3. Entry in Italy and application for the residence permit at the competent Police headquarter within 8 days;
Validity of the Seasonal Employment visa and residence permit
The residence permit for seasonal employment has a maximum validity of 9 months, and it is not renewable beyond this time lapse.
However, if the foreign national is offered a job offer, either for permanent or temporary employment, the residence permit can be converted into a standard employment residence permit. The latter residence permit is always renewable.
After 5 years of continuous registered legal residency in Italy, the applicant would be eligible to apply for a permanent residence permit.
The expected time frame to obtain the visa is approximately 1 months from the day of the application. Once the foreign worker obtains the visa, they can travel to Italy, apply for the residence permit, work and reside in Italy there legally.
Get in Touch
Do not hesitate to write to us if you wish to have additional information on the requirements for this type of Visa and free-of-charge counselling on your specific case.