Which are the other categories of work permits outside the quota mechanism?
Italian law provides for other categories of extra-quota work permits addressed to third country nationals who want to carry out a temporary work in Italy.
The procedure is the same provided under Art. 27 of the Law Decree n. 286/98 (i.e. intra-company work permit).
Who can apply for these categories of work permit?
These work permits are addressed to the following applicants:
- University professors and researches;
- Translators and interpreters;
- Domestic employees who have been hired abroad to work full-time, for at least one year, for a foreign citizen who has moved to Italy and intends to continue the work relationship;
- Workers employed with circuses or shows;
- Maritime crew members;
- Trainees and apprentices.