What is a Visa for invitation?
If you are a third-country national who has been invited by Italian Institution, public or private organization as a guest for particular political, scientific or cultural events, this Visa allows you to enter in Italy for a short-term stay.
Which documents do I need to apply?
In order to submit your application you need:
- An invitation or a registration stating the name of the guesting organization and the duration of your stay or any other document indicating the purpose of your stay. This justification must indicate:
- The duration of the event;
- If the invitation was issued by a non-profit organization, you need an official document indicating the registration of the organization as such.
- The possession of sufficient economic means of subsistence;
- Your medical insurance;
- accommodation receipt or proof of economic means to cover accommodation costs;
- If you received your Visa in order to exercise your defence right, you will need an explicit authorization issued by the competent Police office.