visa for researche reasons

What is a research Visa?

If you are a third-country national researcher this VISA allows you to enter in Italy in order to work as researchers for Italian Universities or Italian Research Institutes, for a short or a long term stay. It is issued on the basis of an hosting agreement. This  activity can be a self-employment work, a payed-employment work or fellowship. This VISA is issued primarily than the other kind of VISAs and it must be used within six months from its withdraw.

Which documents do I need to apply?

In order to submit your application you need:

  • In case your stay lasts more than 3 months: a Nulla Osta (non-Impediment certification) issued by the “Sportello Unico” for the immigration services, which will provide to communicate it to the competent Consulate. For this category of Visa, the Non-impediment certification can be substituted by a communication subscribed by your employer, stating the proposal of your permit contract for the payed-employment job. This communication shall be presented via computer to the “Sportello Unico” for the immigration services.
  • Supporting documents stating that you are a researcher employed by a third-country University or Institution;
  • Supporting documents stating the purpose of your stay, such as:
    • A student badge stating your status, issued by the guesting University, research institute, college or school, where you are going to work;
    • accommodation receipt or proof of economic means to cover accommodation costs;
    • accommodation receipt or proof of economic means to cover accommodation costs;
    • medical insurance;

If you are a researcher working on medical issues, you will also need a certification of your bachelor degree, recognised by the Health Ministry;