Who can apply for it?
This kind of Visa is addressed to third-country nationals, between 20 and 30 years old, who have an authorization to participate to a volunteering programme.
Which documents do I need to apply?
In order to apply you must have:
- A Nulla Osta (Non-impediment certification) issued by the Immigration desk (Sportello Unico). The Nulla Osta will be sent automatically to the competent Diplomatic authority;
- A report issued by the National agency for young people, if you are a third-national country being part of the European Volunteering Service programmes;
- An agreement with a volunteering organization such as:
- An ecclesiastical authority recognized according to the Italian law or a religious authority recognised according to agreements with other religions;
- An NGO;
- A Non-profit association, which is obliged to subscribe an insurance certification.
How long will the Visa be valid?
It has a maximum validity of one year, with multiple entrances.
How can I apply for it?
In order to apply for a National Italian Visa, you must take an appointment with the Italian Embassy in your Country of residence and be present in person. The day of the appointment you will need to submit the above-mentioned documents in order to apply.
This procedure is not valid in case of diplomatic Visa, for which the application must be requested by the competent diplomatic authority of your Country of origin.
How can I apply for the Electronic Residence Permit, once I have got my Elective Residency Visa?
You can request the release of the corresponding electronic residence permit within 8 days from your first entrance in Italy with your yearly multiple entrance Visa, presenting yourself in person to the competent post-office.
In that occasion you must have:
- an identity card;
- the filled postal-kit with the payment of tax issuance;
- a copy of the security clearance (Nulla Osta) to enter in Italy;
- a copy of your Visa;
- the whole passport.
The competent desk will issue a receipt with the data of the first appointment to the competent police Headquarters, for your personal appearance and the fingerprints. After this appointment, the police headquarters will contact you for the withdraw of your electronic permit card.
How long will my first Residence Permit be valid?
It has the same validity of the purpose of your stay.
Can I renew my Residence Permit?
It depends from the purpose of your permit.
How many times I need to renew my permit before applying for the Italian Permanent Residence Permit?
You can apply for your EC long-term residence permit after 5 years of continuous residence in Italy, without considering your long term stay permit and its conversion, if any.
How can I apply for a permanent Residence Permit?
As for the current law provisions, after 5 years of legal stay in Italy, you can request a permanent residence permit (i.e. EC residence permit for long term residents).
The permanent residence permit has no expiry date; it must not be renewed but only updated. It assigns the third-country nationals the right to enter Italy without a Visa, and it is not related to any investment or donation made in the past. You can apply for the permanent resident permit if you are a third-country national who:
- are legally staying in Italy for at least 5 years;
- are holder of a valid temporary residence permit;
- have an annual income from legitimate sources equal, at least, to the amount established yearly by governmental authorities (5.889,00 € for 2018);
- pass an Italian language test.