Who is eligible to apply for conversion of a Student residence permit into a Work residence permit?
The conversion is possible for foreign students residing in Italy who have found a job opportunity in Italy, where they wish to continue their stay based on their working activities.
If the applicant has completed either a University Degree, Master, University Specialization Course or a PhD in Italy, the applicant’s request for the conversion of their permit is not subjected to quantitative restrictions provided for by the so-called Flux Decree, and it can be submitted at any time of the year.
Main Procedural Steps
1. Submission of the relevant documentation to the competent Immigration Desk through a web-portal of the ministry of the Interior;
2. Submission of the original documentation in person to the competent Immigration Desk;
3. Submission of the application for the residence permit addressing the competent Police headquarter;
4. Registration of the applicant’s fingerprints at the competent Police headquarters
5. Issuance of the residence permit.
Validity of the new Work permit
The new Work permit has a maximum validity of 1 year, and is renewable.
The residence permit is renewable under the same substantive conditions valid for the its first issuance, as long as the foreign is never absent from the Italian territory for longer than 6 continuous months.
The applicant can renew the residence permit on their own or be assisted by us.
After 5 years of continuous registered legal residency in Italy, the applicant is eligible to apply for a permanent residence permit.
The expected time frame for the issuance of the new Work permit is approximately 3 months from when the applicant provides us with all relevant information and documentation.
Get in Touch
Do not hesitate to write to us if you wish to have additional information on the requirements for this type of Visa and counselling on your specific case.