What is a Tourist Visa?

If you are a third-country tourist willing to travel around Italy or the Schengen area, this Visa allows you to enter for a short-term stay.

Which documents do I need to apply?

In order to submit your application you need:

  • The possession of sufficient economic means of subsistence;
  • Your return tickets or the receipt, or the possession of your own means of travel;
  • A proof of your accommodation, such as a hotel receipt or a declaration of hospitality made by an EU citizen or by a third-country national legally resident in Italy;
  • A medical insurance;

If you are a minor and you take part to touristic-humanitarian welcome programmes, approved by the Committee for foreign minors, you also need:

  • A declaration authorizing you to leave your country, signed by your parents or by your legal guardian;
  • An authorization written by this Committee;
  • In case you are a relative of an EU citizen, it can be issued a Touristic Visa for short-term stay by justifying the familiar relationship.