Who is eligible to apply for the residence permit for expected employment?
- foreign nationals who are legally residing in Italy based on a residence permit for Employment, have lost or resigned from their post, and who wish to find new employment in Italy;
- foreign nationals who have graduated from an Italian University, completed a Master, or a PhD while residing in Italy based on a Student permit, and who wish to find employment in Italy.
Main requirements to apply for the residence permit for expected employment
- The applicant has stated their immediate willingness to be re-employed at the Job Centre of the area of residency, and they have been included in the registers for jobseekers. In case of a foreign national who has lost their previous employment, this statement should be made within 40 days from the end of the previous job;
- The applicant applies for the residence permit for expected employment within the period of validity of their current residence permit (for students or for employees depending on the case);
- The applicant is not currently residing in Italy based on a residence permit for seasonal employment.
Main Procedural Steps
- Inclusion in the registers for jobseekers by the Job Centre;
- Application for the Residence Permit at the competent Police headquarter within 8 days;
- Registration of the applicant’s fingerprints at the competent Police headquarter
- Issuance of a 2-year Residence Permit.
Scope of our Assistance
Our assistance includes the following activities (full assistance up until the issuance of the residency permit:
- Preliminary legal analysis and advice on the options to obtain an Italian Visa and Residence Permit;
- Assistance and guidance on how to be included in the registers for jobseekers by the Job Centre of the area of residency;
- Guidance and advice on how to collect all necessary documents to apply for the Residence Permit;
- Preparation and submission of the Residence Permit application at the competent Police headquarter;
- Guidance and advice on how to complete the subsequent procedural steps before the competent Italian authorities, and to prepare the relevant documentation;
- Establishing contact with all public stakeholders involved in the procedure to solve potential issues, overcome obstacles, and promote a positive outcome of the application.
Validity of the residence permit for expected employment
The residence permit for expected employment has a maximum duration of 1 year.
Get in Touch
Do not hesitate to write to us if you wish to have additional information on the matter.