Who is eligible to apply for a student visa and residence permit?
This type of Visa is specifically conceived for people who,
• have been accepted in an Italian University or another educational institution for ‘superior’ education (equivalent to the University level) approved by the Ministry of Education;
• have been accepted in high school or school for technical studies;
• have been accepted in a foreign University based in Italy or other private Universities acknowledged by the Ministry of Education;
• have been accepted in curricular training organized by Universities or other institutions for ‘superior’ education (equivalent to the University level);
• have been accepted in vocational courses acknowledged by the Ministry of Education;
• have been accepted in courses on the Italian language organized by public universities or other private or public entities based on an agreement with the public educational entity.
• are minors not younger than 14 years old take part in a cultural exchange program approved by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of foreign affairs;
Main Procedural Steps
1. Preparation of the necessary supporting documentation;
2. Application for the Student visa at the Italian Consulate of the student’s place of current residency;
3. Entry in Italy and application for the residence permit at the competent Police headquarter within 8 days;
Validity of the Student residence permit
The student residence permit has a maximum validity of 1 year, renewable for continuing multiannual courses under the same conditions of the first one.
The applicant can renew the residence permit on their own or be assisted by us.
After 5 years of continuous registered legal residency in Italy, the applicant can apply for a permanent residence permit.
The expected time frame to obtain a study Visa is approximately 2 months from the visa application. Once the applicant obtains the Visa, they can travel to Italy, apply for the residence permit, reside there legally and work part-time.
Get in Touch
Do not hesitate to write to us if you wish to have additional information on the requirements for this type of Visa and free-of-charge counselling on your specific case.