Who is eligible to apply for EU Blue Card visa and residence permit?
EU Blue Card is specifically conceived for highly specialized workers with a job offer for employment with an Italian company. This visa gives you the possibility to apply for related Work Permit with a National Long-term Visa and work legally in Italy.
Please note that the applicant can also be a minority shareholder of the company.
EU Blue Card application: main procedural steps
In order to obtain an EU Blue Card, it is needed to follow the following steps:
- Applying for and collecting the ‘Nulla Osta’ (the Security Clearance issued by the competent Immigration Desk);
- Filing the Visa application at the Italian Consulate;
- Entering Italy and applying for the residence permit at the competent Police headquarter.
EU Blue Card Requirements:
To obtain an EU Blue Card in Italy, non-EU citizens must meet certain requirements:
- The applicant should hold at least a bachelor’s university degree (with a minimum duration of 3 years);
- The applicant should have a job offer for employment by an Italian company with a minimum duration of 12 months and with a gross yearly salary of at least Euros 30,000.00;
- A Declaration of Value of the University degree issued by the competent Italian Embassy or Consulate of the foreign country where the applicant’s degree was awarded (the Declaration of Value is not required if the applicat has obtained a Degree or a Master in the EU).
Validity of the EU Blue Card
The EU Blue Card residence permit has a maximum validity of 2 years, and it is renewable.
The residence permit is renewable under the same substantive conditions for the 1st issuance, as long as the foreign national is never absent from the Italian territory for longer than 6 continuous months.
The applicant can renew the residence permit on their own or be assisted by us.
After 5 years of continuous registered legal residency in Italy, the applicant would be eligible to apply for a permanent residence permit.
How long does it take?
The expected time frame to obtain the EU Blue Card Visa is approximately 2 months from the application.
Get in Touch
Do not hesitate to write to us if you wish to have additional information on the requirements for this type of Visa and counselling on your specific case.