Who is eligible to apply for an Investor visa and residence permit?
The Investor visa is specifically conceived for people who intend to make a considerable investment in Italy.
More specifically, the applicant should be willing to carry out one of the following types of investment:
- at least Euros 2,000,000 in securities issued by the Italian Government or;
- at least Euros 500,000 in shares or stocks of an already existing capital company incorporated and operating in Italy [S.p.a; S.r.l; S.p.a.p; or S.r.l.s];
- at least Euros 250,000 into an already existing Italian innovative Start-up company or;
- a philanthropic donation of at least Euros 1,000,000 to support a public-interest project in specific fields;
Main Procedural Steps
- Application for the ‘Nulla Osta’ (Security Clearance) before the competent Investor Committee;
- Filing the visa application at the Italian Consulate of the applicant’s place of residency;
- Entry in Italy and application for the residence permit at the competent Police headquarter within 8 days;
- Execution of the Investment within 3 months from the investor’s entry in Italy;
Validity of the Investor residence permit
The Investor residence permit has a maximum validity of 2 years, renewable for periods of 3 years without limitations as long as the investment is maintained.
The residence permit is renewable as long as the initial investment is maintained.
The applicant can renew the residence permit on their own or be assisted by us.
After 5 years of continuous registered legal residency in Italy, the applicant would be eligible to apply for a permanent residence permit.
The expected time frame to obtain the Investor visa is approximately 2 months from the nulla osta application.
Get in Touch
Do not hesitate to write to us if you wish to have additional information on the requirements for this type of Visa and counselling on your specific case.