What is a service agreement work permit?

This kind of Visa is a national Visa that allows to obtain a residence permit in Italy for a temporary secondment of a third country employee in an Italian company. This case can only be applied when the foreign company and the Italian one are not part of the same group, but they have entered in an international service agreement.

How long does a secondment last?

This intra-company transfer has the same duration of the service agreement.

Who can apply for ITC work permit?

Workers of a foreign employer (company or physical person) who are temporarily transferred from abroad to an employer of a company- Italian or foreign- resident in Italy, in order to perform in Italy activities which are the object of a contract concluded between the aforementioned employer resident or having their registered office in Italy and this resident or having his registered office abroad.

Which benefits does it have?

After obtaining the security clearance (Nulla Osta) for the Visa issued by the competent Police Headquarter, the main applicant can apply immediately for the security clearance of his family members, and request for them the entry Visa in Italy at the same time as his request for ICT Visa.

Will my residence permit acquired in a different Member State be valid to work in Italy?

In case the employer or the company you work for has the residence in another EU member State, the Nulla Osta to work in Italy is replaced by a communication from the customer who is part of the service agreement, together with a declaration from your employer with your personal data, which establishes the lawfulness of the residence and work in the EU Member State, where the employer has his registered office. This communication must be submitted to the competent Immigration desk, in order to have the residence permit.

How can I apply for it?

This kind of Visa application must be submitted at the Italian competent Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence.

Which documents do I need to apply?

The main document to have in order to apply for the Visa is the security clearance certificate (Nulla Osta) to enter and work in Italy, issued by the competent Immigration desk.

In order to apply for the Nulla Osta, the following documents must be submitted on-line:

  • Letter from the company which provides for the secondment of the worker (to be translated and legalised abroad or apostilled) containing the duration of the secondment, date of employment of the worker, tasks performed and qualification to be carried out in Italy, remuneration and commitment to fulfil any social security and social security contribution obligation, in order to execute the service agreement in Italy;
  • Documents proving the existence of the foreign company, translated and legalised abroad;
  • Copy of the service agreement;
  • Certification of incorporation of the Italian company;
  • Copy of the last tax declaration (F24) of the Italian company;
  • Copy of the last income declaration;
  • Copy of the security plane (P.O.S);
  • A declaration from the foreign company- translated and legalised abroad- establishing the professional relation with the worker in secondment;
  • Copy of the communication previously sent to the most common Italian local Unions;

Alongside these essential documents, it must be produced:

  • documentation proving the availability of accommodation in Italy, through hotel reservation (even short-term rent) or declaration of hospitality;
  • copy of identity documents of the applicant.

Additional documentation may be added, if requested by the Italian diplomatic office responsible for the Visa issuing.

How can I apply to the Electronic Residence Permit, once I have got my Intra-company VISA?

You must request the release of the corresponding electronic residence permit within 8 days from your entrance in Italy with your yearly multiple entrance Intra-company Visa (outside quota), presenting yourself in person to the competent post-office. In that occasion you must have:

  • an identity card;
  • the completed postal-kit with the payment of tax issuance;
  • a copy of the security clearance (Nulla Osta) to your entrance in Italy;
  • a copy of your Visa;
  • the whole passport.

The competent desk will issue a receipt with the data of the first appointment to the competent police Headquarters, for your personal appearance and the fingerprints. After this appointment, the police headquarters will contact you for the withdraw of your electronic permit card.

How long will my first residence permit be valid?

It has the same validity of the service agreement.

Can I renew my Residence Permit?

Yes, you can.

How can renew my residence permit and which documents do I need to apply?

You can renew your permit by filling the related postal-kit to the post office.

Together with the postal kit, you will also need to submit the following documents:

  • Postal-kit duly fulfilled;
  • Copy of the whole passport;
  • Copy of the old permit;
  • Copy of the contract duly signed by the parties.

In order to renew your permit you must not leave Italy for more than six months continuously.

How many time I need to renew my permit before applying for the Italian Permanent Residence Permit?

You can apply for your EC long- term residence permit after 5 years of continuous residence in Italy, without considering your long term stay permit and its conversion, if any.

How can I apply for a permanent Residence Permit?How can I apply for a permanent Residence Permit?

As per the current law provisions, after 5 years of legal stay in Italy, you can request a permanent residence permit (i.e. EC residence permit for long term residents).

The permanent residence permit has no expiry date, it must not be renewed but only updated. It assigns the third-country nationals the right to enter in Italy without a Visa, and it is not related to any investment or donation made in the past. You can apply for the permanent resident permit if you are a third-country national who:

  • are legally staying in Italy for at least 5 years;
  • are holder of a valid temporary residence permit;
  • have an annual income from legitimate sources equal, at least, to the amount established yearly by governmental authorities (€ 5.977,79 for 2020);
  • pass an Italian language test.