Who is eligible to apply for a seasonal work visa and residence permit?
The application for the Seasonal Employment Visa is strictly subjected to the provisions of the Italian Flow Decree, which establishes the maximum number of entries for non-EU nationals who have a work opportunity in Italy in specific work fields such as agriculture and tourism.
Main requirements to apply for a seasonal work visa and residence permit
- The foreign national should have an employment offer from an employer based in Italy (either Italian or regularly residing in Italy);
- The job offer should be in the specific sectors by the Flows Decree;
- The job offer cannot exceed 9 months;
- Availability of suitable accommodation in Italy for the worker.
Main Procedural Steps
- Applying for and collecting the ‘Nulla Osta’ (Certificate of No Impediment issued by the competent Immigration Desk);
- Filing the visa application at the Italian Consulate of the worker’s place of residency;
- Entry in Italy of the worker and application for the residence permit at the competent Police headquarter within 8 days;
- Registration of the applicant’s fingerprints at the competent Police headquarter;
- Issuance of the residence permit.
Scope of our Assistance
Our assistance includes the following activities (full assistance up until the issuance of the residence permit):
- Preliminary legal analysis and advice on the options to obtain an Italian Visa and Residence Permit;
- Guidance and advice to collect or prepare all relevant documents to apply for the Certificate of No Impediment, the visa and the residence permit;
- Drafting the power of attorney to represent the employer and the foreign worker for the Application for the Certificate of No Impediment (when applicable);
- Application for and collection of the Certificate of No Impediment (Nulla Osta) at the competent Immigration desk;
- Guidance and advice for the Visa application before the competent Consulate, and for the preparation of the relevant documentation;
- Guidance and advice for the Residence Permit application and the subsequent procedural steps before the competent Italian authorities, and for the preparation of the relevant documentation;
- Establishing contact with all public stakeholders involved in the afore-mentioned procedures to solve potential issues, overcome obstacles and promote a positive outcome of the applications.
Validity of the Seasonal Employment visa and residence permit
The residence permit for seasonal employment has a maximum validity of 9 months, and it is not renewable beyond this time frame. However, if the foreign national is offered a job offer either for permanent or temporary employment, the residence permit can be converted into a standard employment residence permit, which is always renewable. On the other hand, note that the aforementioned conversion is subjected to the quantitative limitations established in the Italian Flow Decree.
The expected time frame to obtain the visa is approximately 1 month from the day of the application. Once the foreign worker obtains the visa, they can travel to Italy, apply for the residence permit, work and reside in Italy there legally.
Get in Touch
Do not hesitate to write to us if you wish to have additional information on the matter.